Monday, November 5, 2012

Ink


I have always wanted a tattoo. Whether it is the liberal 'North Coast of NSW/Byron Bay" environment where it is fashion to have one or my obsession with sport and the growing amount of professional sports people who have them, i am unable to tell.

The fact of the matter is i want one but am rightly worried at the consequences. Putting aside the revolttion i know my parents would feel if i got one, the likely hood i will effect my career and/or relationships by getting 'ink', is worrying to me.

I have therefore decided that if i was to get one it would not be visible if i where to where shorts and a t shirt. I have also set a timeframe of my 21st birthday so that i have 2 years to decide on the tattoo itself and it's location. Although i want one now, i want to be sure it is not just a phase or my tendency to do things that appeal to me often recklessly.

I have various ideas ranging from script to basic images. I like the idea of rib cage, behind an ear, finger or wrist, feet and under arm areas of the body for potential tattoo areas. i am not attracted to large works but instead more so a collection of small works.

Possible ideas include,

joie de vivre  jusqu'au bout

two sayings put together.

Joie de vivre, meaning “joy of living or finding joy in things”. Used frequently in literature to transcend English and portray a otherworldy feeling of jubilation.

Jusqu'au bout, meaning "to the end". Stems from French and is used in  context of "je t'aime jusqu'au bout", as in to love someone all the way to the ends of their fingers and tips of their ears (etc).


I like the script and placement of this tattoo. Possible with above  wording.

patterns and shapes are interesting. Colour is cool but i am not really interested in colour.  Am attracted to floral designs.

I hate violence and am non religious. Would love a symbol as above that symbolises impartiality to any religion whilst maintaing a respect for what they give people with nothing.
Sites such as these are useful for script,

http://fuckyeahwordtattoos.tumblr.com/

http://tattoowords.net/

http://pinterest.com/valerietookes/tattoo-words-upon-skin/


I have been in to visit all star tattoo and westside tattoo in brisbane. Supposedly they are the best and have hosted many artists i like. 

Mostly for ideas i just 'stumble' tattoos using stumbleupon

www.stumbleupon.com

then select tattoo as interest





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
First Year Journalism/Arts Student