Friday, November 9, 2012

The New Year

I cant believe it has been a year. It didn't seem that long ago i was about to finish HSC exams and prepare for what ended up being a four month party. I almost didnt make it through HSC, but many million battles later i managed to finish and actually do quite well.

Brisbane was an adventurous choice for me, considering i hadnt visited it more than twice and gre up in sydney. Ultimately it was the fact that UQ is a top university and has an amazing journalism course. Sydney Universities  is near impossible to get  into unless you have a top mark (op2 or 98>).

I am glad i came however and have enjoyed immensely my time at college at university here in brisbane. It is a magical city. i am 19 now and i somewhat scared at the possibility of not being a teenager.

But hopefully the future is bright and now that i am finished uni i am looking forward to holidays and the new year. It has been a productive year to say the least, my greatest accomplishment being my mental health. I feel like i have a new lease on life and am excited by the prospect of second year uni.

blogging has been a alien and new experience for me. It was an interesting roller coaster between enjoying it and not enjoying it. Impossible to start, but therapeutic when i got into it. I am going to attempt to keep the blog running  over the holidays and definitely next year.

My goals for next year include,

changing to journalism/arts

playing AFL premier reserves and/or football premier reserves

becoming more reliable

helping others with mental illness

connecting more with my family

peace x.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
First Year Journalism/Arts Student